How do I get a license to teach in the state of New Mexico?

There are a few ways that you can be certified to teach in our state. The first is to get your undergraduate from UNM in Secondary Education and complete our requirements for state licensure. The second is to complete your Bachelor's in another area from UNM and then apply to the Secondary Education Alternative Licensure Master's Program and complete the licensure requirements. The third is to complete your BS in another area from UNM and then go through CNM's alternative licensure program.
In all three options the state looks for:
1. A Bachelor's Degree
2. Student Teaching hours and associated coursework
3. The 3 NMTA Exams which include the Basic Skill, Content Knowledge and Competency Exams
These are the necessary items that need to be completed in order to apply to the state for a Teaching License.


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk