The New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) has made available a powerful set of resources for NM teachers and administrators at http://teachnm.org. We encourage you to utilize this website when you have questions about teaching-related issues in order to most quickly find your answers and accomplish your goals!
The section of the TeachNM website on the Professional Development Dossier (PDD) for teachers is accessed by clicking “Experienced Teachers” at the top and then “Professional Development Dossier” - http://teachnm.org/programs/professional-development-dossier/pdd-for-teachers.html
The section of the TeachNM website on the 3-Tiered Licensure System may also be helpful. It is accessed by clicking "Experienced Teachers" at the top and then "3-Tiered Licensure System" - http://teachnm.org/programs/3-tiered-licensure-system.html
First, we suggest you carefully review the Requirements and Guidelines for the Preparation of the NM PDD for Teachers, which can be viewed at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd-guidelines.pdf. You will find information specifically about Strand C on pages 34-40 of the document.
Further specific considerations for Strand C:
- Remember this section is about you and your PD (professional development)!
- Your discussion should be based on the area in which you chose to grow professionally.
- How did you grow professionally?
- What materials, classes or mentors were used to help you on your path of professional development?
- What impact did this professional development have on your practice?
- If you have evidence, provide it.
- Be clear about how your PD and your collaboration impacted your practice.
View a sample dossier at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd-simulations-packet.pdf
Access a Strand C template (Word document) at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd_template_strand-c.doc
Listen to podcasts specific to your competency at http://teachnm.org/programs/professional-development-dossier/pdd-podcasts.html