The New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) has made available a powerful set of resources for NM teachers and administrators at http://teachnm.org. We encourage you to utilize this website when you have questions about teaching-related issues in order to most quickly find your answers and accomplish your goals!
The section of the TeachNM website on the Professional Development Dossier (PDD) for teachers is accessed by clicking “Experienced Teachers” at the top and then “Professional Development Dossier” - http://teachnm.org/programs/professional-development-dossier/pdd-for-teachers.html
The section of the TeachNM website on the 3-Tiered Licensure System may also be helpful. It is accessed by clicking "Experienced Teachers" at the top and then "3-Tiered Licensure System" - http://teachnm.org/programs/3-tiered-licensure-system.html
First, we suggest you carefully review the Requirements and Guidelines for the Preparation of the NM PDD for Teachers, which can be viewed at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd-guidelines.pdf. You will find information specifically about Strand B on pages 21-32 of the document.
Further specific considerations for Strand B:
- Make sure students chosen show your ability to work with diverse groups.
- Choose work from each student that shows academic growth over time.
- Be clear on how you assisted the students’ academic growth.
- Be sure to link discussion of student work to the concepts, understandings or skills you identified for each student.
- Be clear on how you communicate progress to students and parents/guardians.
View a sample dossier at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd-simulations-packet.pdf
Access a Strand B template (Word document) at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd_template_strand-b.doc
Listen to podcasts specific to your competency at http://teachnm.org/programs/professional-development-dossier/pdd-podcasts.html